15 February 2010

To My Valentine

Pic. Courtesy: Internet



I stood by the window...
looking at the city go dark,
i hear your voice...whisper to me...
but the silent breezes fail to mark.

As I switch on the table lamp,
your picture beside comes to life...
patient waiting does not work,
and neither does blade nor knife.

I sit and wait, self loathing...
wishing this to be a nightmare
I wish you'll call me one more time
I wont let you go this time...I swear.

What happened can't be undone..
No matter how much I curse or pray,
You left....simply smiled and left...
Today...its valentines day.

A year has passed by..since you've been gone...
still you're in my day and in my night...
in my sorrows...in my joy...
in my darkness...and in my light.

I still have the letter you wrote...
and told me not to grieve..
you wrote it with the pen I gifted...
You knew...you were going to leave.

You had asked me for a bunch of roses..
and to bring it along with a poem for you,
Believe me, dear...I had brought..
a bunch of red roses fresh with dew.

By the time I reached, you had already left...
Making the earth so dull and gray...
I heard they carried you away like a princess...
and strewed flowers on your way.

They told me..they gave you my flowers...
but you couldn't read my poem...I'm sorry...
and now ..a year later....so far far away...
I'm writing you...yet another obituary.

No matter where you are..I know you see me...
from the stars in the night...from the morning sky so blue...
Today...Its valentines Day, my love...
and here's a poem...

and a rose for you.

4 whispers that i heard....:

Rajlakshmi said...

its so beautifully sad... touched the strings of my heart... I could feel the sadness and solitute in each word... its beautiful...

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

It's so beautifully written; very touching!

Bhavesh

 

Trisha said...

I don't know what to say...it's painful yet striking..I felt sad and yet could not help but marvel at the beauty of the silent but deep emotions. There is a sense of quiet, of feelings and hopes lost but it does not embody the strong passion of hopelessness. It's calm and the poem soothes the bereaved heart. I am left speechless. Never felt that words would be so inadequate to express emotions. Take care.

Ranjana said...

I was left speechless on reading it.. It touched me..so simple yet so intense..superb!